We only have $3000 left to raise this year for Woodside Scholarships!!!
Since 1924, Rowe Camp has been touching the hearts and souls of young people, because it’s a place where young people and their culture are respected. The invitation at the heart of the camp is to form deep connections; to be honest, real, and authentic, and accept and respect ourselves and others.
We believe that this experience should be available to all children. For as long as Rowe has been in existence, we have provided scholarships in order to make camp accessible for children of families at all income levels. In 1999, we broadened that vision to intentionally create a program that would create a camp community that reflected the diversity of our society.
The Woodside Scholarship Fund is a program for our youth summer camps. It is made up of two components: the Woodside Diversity Program, which provides full scholarships to children from diverse racial and ethnic populations and the General Scholarship Program, which provides partial scholarships in order to have economic diversity in our camp programs.
Rowe offers a protected, nonjudgmental space where young people—the leaders of tomorrow—are unafraid to relate and connect in a diverse community by learning to interact in caring, thoughtful ways that honor the principles of social justice.
Our children are growing up in a global society, and we need to prepare them. They need a place to come and relax, a place to feel at ease being who they are, a place to explore new ideas and new ways of being in this world, a place to become comfortable with differences, join a community rich in diversity, and to reach beyond the differences to make lasting connections.
How to Help
Can you help us continue to enrich our Rowe community and our world in such a powerful way?
You can donate online, by calling us at 413-339-4954 (ask about joining the growing list of folks who have an automatic monthly pledge to the Woodside Program), or by mail at Rowe Camp and Conference Center, 22 Kings Highway Road, Rowe, MA 01367.
- A gift of $100 can provide one day of camp for a young person.
- A gift of $500 can send a new camper to Young People’s Camp.
- A gift of $1,000 can offer a returning camper two weeks at Transitions Camp.
- A gift of $1,500 provides a three week camp experience for a Junior or Senior High camper.
- A pledge of $1,000 a year for 10 years sponsors a camper, giving them the full Rowe experience.
- A gift of $10,000 to the Endowment Fund brings a new camper into YPC each year for as long as the fund exists.
- Leave a legacy in your will to insure the continuance of this program long after your lifetime.