Young People’s Camp 1: Ages 8-10
Date(s) - July 15, 2018 - July 21, 2018
YPC is a place where campers grow, have fun, connect with others, and feel accepted and valued. We make a space where young people can be all of themselves: the part that wants to play and the part that wants to think seriously about the world. Our aim is to give campers a chance to start the lifelong exploration of discovering who they are as individuals: identifying the values they find important, figuring out what they love about themselves, and finding their strength. We also work to build a community that reflects a just world where people of all identities are valued and where all people feel supported for who they are.
“My son has been to YPC for the last two years and he has found the experience immensely rewarding and enriching. He has found kids who share his values and outlooks and he has had a great deal of FUN! These last few school years have been difficult for him, with some bullying, and the more we expose him to like-minded folks the better. We want to continue the experience for him and make Rowe an important part of his life.” — A parent of a YPC camper
- Work to create a more compassionate, just, peaceful, and joyful world by nurturing young people.
- Affirm the worth and dignity of every human being. We want each camper to feel loved and valued both simply for being human beings and for being particular human beings, each with unique gifts and personalities.
- Create an amazing experience for young people that shows them the joy, fun, humor, love, and possibility that lies within them and within the world.
- Offer campers the opportunity to make independent choices in a space that’s as free as possible.
- Encourage them to express themselves as deeply as they can while balancing their behavior with the needs of their community.
- Encourage them to think ethically and communally while valuing their own experiences, perceptions, and needs.
- Facilitate developmental growth by honoring each developmental stage with skill and compassion.
Important Dates and Times
Registration Day: July 15th, 2018: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Pick-Up: July 21st, 2018: 12:00 PM, Lunch is from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM