In November of 2013, during a strategic planning session, the Board reviewed and discussed different kinds of governing models. On April 26, 2015, the board approved a motion stating its intent to adopt the model of a policy board based on the following definition.
A policy board:
- Delegates (in writing) responsibility for day-to-day managing an operating of the organization.
- Creates, reviews and then approves governance policies (how will the board conduct its own work and business of the board) and framework policies such as vision, mission, purpose and core values).
- Defines how the executive director will be held accountable for use of financial resources, program/service outcomes, and human resource practices.
- Supports the executive director and appraises his/her performance annually.
- Ensures the organization has the financial resources necessary to fulfill its mission.
Executive Compensation Policy
Joint Venture Policy
You may also like: Board Meetings